Counting Sheep
The Dream
I had a dream, which I’m becoming more and more prone to
doing these days. Was a time that I didn’t remember my dreams. The entire time
I was with Jon and had AIDS, I didn’t remember my dreams. But I’m remembering
them more and more lately. Age perhaps.
And as we are standing there, a white-haired terrier with a black tipped snout
is herding them.
We are charmed by the dog and the baby sheep. My Mom and I are gloriously happy.
We don’t know what’s going on, but we’re seeing so many of them, too many to
count.
I said there were so many sheep. I wonder what sheep mean…in
a dream. Is that a symbol or something. And then I said, “And there were so
many of these stuffed animals that moved like baby sheep. Too many to count.”
And I said aloud, “Oh, wait…we were counting sheep!”
And she said, “Why would we be counting sheep.” And I said, “Because I couldn’t
sleep. So you must have been there to help me count the sheep.” And according
to my FitBit, I had slept more deeply after that. Funny how I went to some
subconscious go-to that included my Mom and the idea she had when I was a sleepless
child and she’d tell me to count sheep.
Didn’t work back then. It apparently works now.


Comments
Post a Comment