Permanently Altering a Child's Sexual Future: Alarming
The whole thing is odd and alarming. I'm gay and this situation smells of, "I am scared and young and vulnerable." And adults are out of their depths. My parents had no idea what they were dealing with. I'm glad I never said, "Oh, boys like girls, so I should be a girl. " That would have been insane and wrong for me. But I could imagine a 13-year-old version of me saying that to my mom, in the hopes the boys would all wanna date me. Dumb.
The truth is some kids think to themselves, "What gender is safer?" Some grew up in "safe" crime-free places that were super dangerous. Other boys would think nothing of kicking you till you stopped moving.
You've seen the flip side of this with Tomboys. They go this direction because it's not safe being around boys who can hurt you physically. Many girls are just putting on armour. Imagine the "thoughtful" parent giving her safer reassignment surgery.
Yeeeesh.
A similar response in boys who feel like there's only 1 option: girls. That's a terrible social result if they aren't feeling it. The final result is a messed up teen, ruined marriages, and children wondering, "what the hell, dad is... what?!" Therapy. Years of therapy don't fix these guys.
I highly recommend being gentle here and talking about how toxic our binary culture can be. I also recommend waiting until you're a fully grown adult before making such a drastic, life-altering decision.
I'm not sure the whole neighbourhood or town or city should make the decision.

Comments
Post a Comment